Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

      Every user needs to have an account to use HPCC system. If you do not have one, please follow the instruction to obtain one.

Current MSU-affiliated student or personnel

HPCC accounts are free for all MSU researchers. To obtain (or re-activate) an account, a tenure-track faculty MSU Principal Investigator (PI) must complete a New Account Request form for themselves and their collaborators (students, staff, post-docs, and off-campus colleagues.) Information required to complete the form includes:

  • a list of the names and MSU NetIDs of collaborators (students, post-docs, visiting scholars and/or off-campus colleagues) requiring accounts. For collaborators without a MSU NetID, the PI can sponsor MSU NetIDs by paying MSU ID Office with a department account number. (See below section for more details)

    Please note: All MSU Net IDs used to access the HPCC must be associated with a valid email address.

  • a statement on whether or not export controlled software or data will be used

  • a project abstract (description about the user's research.)

By applying for a HPCC account, the Principal Investigator is agreeing that all group members will abide by the Statement of Acceptable Use .

ICER workshop

If you are going to attend an ICER workshop, you may get a temporary HPCC account. Please refer to ICER workshop set up instructions.

External collaborators

To request an HPCC account for an external collaborator, please obtain a login-only, non-email FPID NetID for the collaborator first. Please contact the ID Office at or 517-355-4500 for more information. Once the NetID is acquired, a MSU PI can follow the above instruction to apply his or her HPCC account. Since the purchased NetID is not associated with a MSU e-mail account anymore, PI must provide a current contact e-mail address of the external collaborator when filling out the New Account Request form.

Previous users affiliated with MSU

If you were previously affiliated with MSU and had a HPCC account, then you may find that your HPCC account was disabled after a time. If you are still collaborating with a regular MSU faculty or staff member, you will need a Principal Investigator (PI) to sponsor the renewal of your account on an annual basis. The form for sponsoring the renewal of an existing HPCC account is at (Only PIs may fill out the form.)

Other universities in Michigan

If you are in the following universities, please contact the respective personnel to apply a HPCC account:

Universitycontact website 
Oakland University (

Mario Nowak:

Tomas Hajek:

click here for more information. 

Kettering University ( (kettering Buy-In)

Kettering University ( (ryankettering Buy-In)

Salomon Turgman Cohen:

Gillian Ryan:

click here for more information.

Western Michigan University (

Joel Fletcher: joel.fletcher@wmich.educlick here for more information. 
Central Michigan University ( Taylor: or mel.taylor@cmich.educlick here for more information.
  • No labels